After being blown up by Stormtroopers, Chewie manages to re-attach C-3PO's head and right arm. He carries the partially assembled droid in a backpack along with the rest of his body parts.
Reference Media[edit source]
A gallery of reference photos, illustrations, videos, and other reference media of the original puppet.
Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back[edit | edit source]
Behind the Scenes Photos[edit | edit source]
Reference Information[edit source]
A set of detailed notes researching the original puppet.
- Worn by Chewbacca during the Carbon Freeze and Bespin escape scenes.
- The original backpack used wires attached to Peter Mayhew's fingers to allow him to turn the head.
- Close-ups were done with Anthony Daniels in the suit, allowing more movement.
- After strangling Lando, Chewie and Threepio are seen in a full shot (precluding Anthony Daniels being in the suit) and the arm moves.
Included Parts[edit | edit source]
- Threepio's Torso, head, neck, right arm, and left shoulder bell are all connected and assembled.
- Next to Threepio's left side (behind Chewie's right shoulder), Threepio's lower left leg (calf and foot) are stuffed, upside down, inside his left thigh, which is right side up.
- Threepio's detached left arm is stuffed in his right thigh piece. This sits next to the right side of Threepio's body (behind Chewie's left shoulder). The hand is up.
- Threepio's right foot dangles freely and unattached on the bottom right side of the sack (behind Chewie's left side).
- It does not appear that Threepio's pelvis/shorts or his right calf is present in the sack.
Tutorials & Resources[edit source]
Information about how to make or otherwise acquire your own replica puppet. Tutorials, instructions, 3D files, patterns, links to forum posts, etc .
Scratch/Hardware Build[edit | edit source]
Toy Conversions[edit | edit source]
Replicas[edit | edit source]
Community Resources[edit source]
Clubs, forums, and user groups focused on C-3PO.